Belt Conveyors: The Most Practical Option
Belt conveyors from Valmont® SM are among the most economical and easy to maintain. In fact, many belt conveyors from Valmont SM run between 10 years and 20 years, only requiring minor repairs in that time.
And the list of advantages of belt conveyors from Valmont SM just keeps going:
- Belt conveyors consume less power per ton per meter than any other mode of conveyance
- Horizontal conveyance generally consumes 0,3 W per ton per meter
- Vertical conveyance 3 W per ton per meter
- Belt conveyors are available in lengths ranging from only a few meters, to several kilometers. Some single conveyors can be up to 10 km long, and combined conveyor lines can be up to 100 km.
- The capacity of belt conveyors varies from a few tons/ hour up to 10 – 15.000 tons/hour at belt speeds of 6 - 7 m/s.
- Belt conveyors can be placed on the ground, in tunnels and on bridges – horizontally or inclined up to about +/-18°, depending on the media being carried
Belt conveyors are also considered to have an extremely low impact on the environment.